Heather Crowe trading as Calluna Upcycling understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://www.calluna-upcycling.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
With trust comes responsibility and we take this responsibility very seriously.
What Data Do We Collect and how do we use it?
- We take payment details to process payment for any credit or debit card orders you place with us. We share these details with our chosen payment processor.
- We use your billing information plus your chosen delivery address details to; deliver your purchases and keep you informed of their status, and to process any returns including (where appropriate) collecting the item from you.
- We use details submitted through the contact us form information to be able to respond to enquiries.
- All details get added to our mailing list we can opt out of by emailing us with “unsubscribe”
- We keep written correspondence (email, messages, post etc when you contact us or along with interactions with us on social media. We use these records to manage your queries or complaints effectively, to monitor quality and to continually improve our services.
- We use your information to fulfil legal obligations such as:
- To ensure we comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order, including disclosure to law or tax enforcement agencies and authorities or pursuant to legal proceedings.
- We will share data with regulatory and other official bodies if they make formal requests.
- We will maintain records to meet regulatory and tax requirements.
You have a number of ‘Data Subject Rights’ below is some information on what they are and how you can exercise them. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website http://www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – You have the right to request a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to rectification – If you think any of your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, you have the right to request it is updated. We may ask you for evidence to show it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) and the Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we stop processing, or delete, all of your personal information that we hold. If you exercise this right we will keep a note of your name linked to your request and it won’t prevent us from processing any new information you provide to us subsequently.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask us to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a machine readable format.
- Rights with regards to automated decision making, including profiling – We sometimes use your personal information to make decisions by automated means. This involves us analysing your account activity including applications, orders, payments etc. We do this to confirm your identity, prevent and detect crime, and lend responsibly. This automated decision making is necessary if you would like to continue to shop with us online. You have a right to reject automated decisions but it may mean that you can only shop with us in our stores.
- Right to withdraw Consent – Where we are relying on your consent for processing you can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
The above rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, if you ask us to delete information which we are required to have by law, or if we have compelling legitimate interests to keep it. We will let you know if that is the case and will then only use your information for these purposes. You may also be unable to continue using our services if you want us to stop processing your personal information.
If you have any general questions or want to exercise any of your rights please contact email@example.com. Our security procedures mean that we may need to request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you in response to any request.
We encourage you to get in touch if you have any concerns with how we collect or use your personal information. You do however also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, their contact details can be found on their website http://www.ico.org.uk
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal information as long as you are a customer of ours and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. During that time we take steps to remove any personal data as soon as we no longer need it.
We consider you a customer for 2 years from the point you last made a purchase from our website or during any time we are managing a customer service request from you.
Third Parties we share data with and receive data from
We work with a number of trusted third parties to provide you high quality goods and services. Anybody we work with is subject to stringent security and data privacy assessments before we begin to do business with them and on an ongoing basis.
We only pass over personal information that is absolutely necessary for the purposes it is being processed and we always do so securely.
Third party companies are:
- Delivery Partners – Helping us to deliver the goods you order to you
- IT Companies and website host – Supporting us in maintaining our website and other business systems including; providing phone lines, data storage facilities, and providing and supporting Cloud based infrastructure used in providing our products and services.
- Marketing Companies and Online Advertising – Helping us to manage our electronic communications to you, Companies that provide marketing and advertising assistance (including management of email marketing operations and services that deploy advertising on the internet or social media platforms, such as Facebook and Google) as well as analysis of the effectiveness of our advertising and communications campaigns.
- Payment processors – Payment card processors to process credit and debit card payments and store payment information; for example Worldpay and Paypal.
Third-party apps, websites and services
If you use any third-party apps, websites or services to access our services, your usage is subject to the relevant third party’s terms and conditions, cookies policy, and privacy notice. For example, if you interact with us on social media, your use is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy notices of the relevant social media platform (Facebook, Twitter etc.). The same stands if you use third-party services, like Amazon’s Alexa, as your use of the service is subject to their applicable terms and conditions. We may be required to share customer information relating to transactions and use of such third party services with that third party.
How you can get in touch
As we have assessed that we do not operate ‘large scale’ processing of Personal Data, we do not have a Data Protection Officer. Should you need to contact us please write to:
Heather Crowe trading as Calluna Upcycling,
Unit 8, Knights Park,
or via firstname.lastname@example.org